Monday, June 11, 2012

Quilting.

So I don't really get quilting. I mean, I'm new to 'quilting' in general (I will tell you why later), but the actual quilting, like the sewing on top of all the pieces you put together, that's what I haven't quite figured out. It looks hard. It looks time consuming. It looks like something my sometimes rickety small sewing machine probably couldn't handle.

So I guess I'll figure it out. In other news, I was looking around on some quilting blogs, and I found Angela Walters. So she's a free motion quilter, I guess. And she's amazing. Like she puts all these crazy fun details in her designs, and they're super detailed, and some have secret messages in them (by the way, I put on tiny secret message in Sweet Coco, the author found it immediately, have any of you found it). I love secret messages. And maybe free motion quilting is something I could wrap my little brain around. For now. Maybe, like with my other projects, I should try quilting something little first. I need to keep telling myself that.

Here are some of Angela Walter's works. Amazing, right?



1 comment:

Angela Walters said...

Oh my goodness, thanks for posting about my quilting....such a treat!!!!! I have been poking around your website and I love your work too!!!!!!

Have a fantastic day!