Monday, August 6, 2012

Sao Joao Festival Flags

By now you probably realize I live in Brazil. We're pretty new here, so most experiences are new and fresh. This year we sort of missed a festival called Joao Pessoa. We're still not really sure of what it's all about, but people dress up like rednecks (blacked out tooth, overalls, plaid, hair in pigtails) and eat corn.  So whatever it was, it sounds great to us, and we are going to make sure we're here next year.

Another great thing about this festival (and it seems like all Brazilian parties) they put up flags! I'm not sure if the type of flags I'm posting about here are supposed to be specifically for Sao Joao, but it's the only time I've seen them, and everyone had them up for the festival (we missed it, but, like all Brazilian holidays, it lasted a month). So here's a little printable pattern for Sao Joao flags. I love them because they're just a rectangle with two cuts. This is something I can do, you know? Not very hard to mess up? Click on the image for the full size version.


No comments: