Monday, September 3, 2012

Artsy Apartsy

Hey all,
Since I'm here in Brazil, and you guys in the US are celebrating Labor Day while I'm down here working, I'm posting a fun little post. A great college friend and some of her friends and family had a great idea to get our creative juices flowing. We have put ourselves to making one piece of art, just for fun, not for work, per quarter (I think...maybe it was 3 times a year?).

This time's theme was 'En Plein Air', embracing the idea of just getting out there and making art. I tried my best to get out, but it turns out that every time I was in "plein air" I wasn't in the mood to draw. So I ended up with something a little more freestyle. Since another part of the project was to draw/paint/sketch just for the heck of it, I returned to something I did when I was lonesome and single: New Beer Fridays. Every Friday (okay, probably not every Friday, but every now and then) I would buy a new beer from the store, take it home, sketch the bottle and test out the beer. I haven't done this since I got married (we've had better things to do than draw beer bottles!), so I thought I'd give it a shot.

All-in-all, I like the outcome, I liked the beer, I'm glad I did it. Check out the blog here.

No comments: