Monday, March 4, 2013

Luxe in Bloom's Scrappy Trip Around the World

Oh I'm on the bandwagon, and I love it. My parents visited me in Brazil last week, and with them, they brought quilting supplies! I've been getting along without a quilting ruler or rotary cutter just fine, but I'll tell you, since those have arrived, things have gone steeply uphill. Also, on a funny note, I had ordered myself a ruler and cutter, and my Mom, being the incredible mom she is, noticed in an older blog post that I wanted those two items, and had bought them for me. Luckily, we ordered two completely different sized rulers, and I know a backup rotary cutter will get good use. I've already used both rulers. I had ordered a 3x18, a size I chose just by looking at the picture on the internet. I don't even know if I read what size it actually was, just assumed by looking at the proportions that it would be fine. When it arrived I was surprised at how tiny it looked. That's where Mom comes in, without knowing I had ordered a ruler, she bought me a 5x24" ruler. Alone, both of these would be useful, but would definitely have their shortcomings. Together, they're a little ruler match made in heaven. So thanks, Mom, for knowing what I need! And bringing it to Brazil, too, I guess.

Okay, so back to what I was talking about, now that I have rulers and rotary cutters, and don't have to cut things by hand, I thought I'd Scrappy Trip it! I made 8 blocks this week, and am loving the results. I can't wait to finish the whole thing.

You can find the instructions for the Scrappy Trip Around the World here, and post/see photos of the Scrappy Trip Along here on flickr.

For my blocks I've used various prints from Luxe in Bloom, Art Gallery collections, Art Gallery Fabric's Pure Elements, Floral Elements, Oval Elements. If you have any questions as to any specific combinations, just let me know and I'd love to tell you. Otherwise, find all the fabrics on Art Gallery's website!