Friday, March 4, 2011

Great Inspiration from... the military?

My wonderful fiance was a member of the US Army for a long time, and has accumulated quite a collection of coins. I have no idea what these coins are for, where they came from, why he has them? But they remind me a little bit of POGS, of which I owned a stupendous collection, so I love them. I'm currently working on a patch/badge inspired project, so I went to his collection for inspiration. I was looking for layout, but came away happily surprised by the amazing color combos of the coins. Here are a few of my favorites to share:













And the phrases on them aren't bad either. The first coin? 'We strike like tropical lightning'. Hah, US Army, you are hiiiilarious.  Well, on that note, thank you servicepeople from all military branches, you are amazing because you do what you do. Good job.

No comments: