Thursday, December 6, 2012

happy Christmas bags

I only have one roll of wrapping paper left. I bought it at Old Time Pottery (if you've never been to one, try and go) for probably a dollar. I'm trying to run it out and turn to reusable things. Mostly little drawstring bags. My go-to for big presents is usually newspaper. Here are some sweet little heart bags I made. I will describe the process, but chances are if you're reading this blog, you are fully capable of figuring it out for yourself. But if you want me to explain it better, just leave a comment.

So, first I cut a hotdog rectangle of fabric. Like this shape [        ]. Then I folded it in half and stitched from the folded corner to the top of the bag (that's two sides) then I folded the top down to create a tube to put the drawstring in. I sewed around the bag, cut a hole in the middle and put in the string. Easy peasy, huh?



 I used regular old craft felt for the hearts (to make those I folded it in half and just sort of winged it). I'm working on investing on some real wool felt. For the fabric I used my Luxe in Bloom Boucherouite Blush and Marquis Azure. I apologize for how hard the names of my fabric are.

Also, not to toot my horn, but I'm nuts for Boucherouite. I really promise I'll make more stuff with it. Also, another also, you can see I was trying to make some pom poms. I don't have the tool, and don't want to ship one to Brazil. So I'm trying to perfect the finger method. Today I plan on making some baby pom poms for a pillow. With a fork. Anyone used a fork for thick fabric? Think it'll work? We'll see.

No comments: