Monday, April 22, 2013

Enough.

I'm still reorganizing my new office. It's taking a while, but I'm also not rushing it. Splitting days between work and office redo and teaching the dog new tricks. But as I'm going, I'm realizing what I have. I have so much. I have probably enough paper, fabric, and crafting supplies in general to last me a few years. Not to mention the non-work (of course, I call all those things 'office supplies') things that I have enough of. Books, clothing, for goodness sake, clothing. Toiletries, wine glasses (how did I ever end up with so many wine glasses), wooden spoons. I have so much stuff. We just moved last year, and  I thought I did a pretty good job of taking stock of what I have and what I actually need. One year later, I think I've still bought more stuff.

Earlier this year I wrote down some goals for one of those 101 in 1001 deals? You set 101 goals to accomplish in 1001 days. Seemed like a good idea. I thought some were very reasonable, and I've accomplished quite a few. A one year ban on purchasing clothing and tea (TEA! I have so much tea I had to put a buying ban on it!) started in February. I don't think it'll be too hard. I've narrowed down the clothes that I actually wear to one small cabinet. Isn't that amazing? I think so. The tea, well, it's really hot down here, so I crave tea much less frequently than I thought. But I do get the urge to test out new Brazilian teas, and have to remind myself to stop.

Perhaps the next ban shall be on crafting supplies. Of course, one of my other goals was to give all homemade gifts one year. Maybe I can use what I have to deplete the pile a bit. Let's hope I do.

On an unrelated topic, the last time we went camping (let me stop that sentence there, the last time we went camping I FORGOT MY SKETCHBOOK) I found all sorts of new fruits. Didn't try them there, as I thought it might be smarter to identify first. I've figured out one, the Jamun. Sort of bitter, but if you get a really ripe one, they're sweet. With a large green pit. I promise I'll be a responsible illustrator next time and bring a sketchbook so you don't have to look at pictures of my dumb hand holding fruit. Wouldn't a sketch be so much nicer?

No comments: