Friday, April 26, 2013

Ooops!


Hey, did I saw I was going to Quilt Market? I did say that. Unfortunately, I will not be attending. Argh!  Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up! I mean, I know there were just tons of you out there waiting to hear about my trip. So what does that mean? Work! That's what it means! Quilt Market is quite an endeavor, especially with the flight from Brazil (from point A to point B, with stops and layovers, usually ends up being a 24 hour trip). Plus sample making and stuff like that. It takes a lot of time!

So what will I be doing? I'll be working! I've been working up new collections lately, and I'm really loving them, but I've also got a ton of ideas in my head that I'd really like to put on paper before they disappear. Oh, and it also means the husband and I will probably go camping too. I've been loving reading some overlanding blogs lately (don't worry if you haven't heard of overlanding, I just learned about it), and the husband and I are having a really hard time not moving into a truck! Argh!

Oh and then, one more thing. You might be asking, hey, what are you doing with these pictures here? Well.. they're pictures from life. They're not all crafty, but I honestly haven't taken many crafty pictures lately. So this is what you get! I guess I could explain them a bit. Street food, you know, buying fruit from a guy on the side of the road, food trucks? Where we live this is not a trend in any way. It's just how it is. Right outside of the grocery store there are usually two or three carts selling veggies way cheaper than inside the store. And health codes, they have a sense of humor. I find so many rocks in my beans! I found a dried kernel of corn in my beans the other day. I mean, c'mon! And those eggs, those are double yolked eggs. The small one in the middle is for reference. We bought a whole tray (well, 12) of double yolked eggs. How does one farmer come upon that many double yolked eggs?

No comments: