Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sea Urchins!

Hey guys! So as you all now know, I'm going to be designing fabric for Art Gallery Fabrics. Now I'm a sewer from way back when, but I'm a little rusty. So when they told me I was in, they also suggested that maybe I hone up on my special skills. I say OKAY! A legit reason to craft? I've been looking for one of those. I made a pillow. It took me a little while, and all the materials were leftovers, so I'm not going to pretend it's a tutorial or anything. But maybe it'll gear me up for something that other people would want to learn. Yeah?

As I'm working on it, actually pretty close to finished, I hold up the embroidery to show my husband. And the following conversation happens:

Me: What is it? Can you tell?
Husband: A snowflake!
Me: No. Not even close.
Husband (knowing that I like marine creatures, pulls out the fanciest seashell name he knows): Conch?
Me: Noooo... but I guess you're closer.
Husband: Seashell!!!
Me: Really? We have two of these things in our house. You still can't guess?
Husband: Sand dollar?

And that's where I just gave up. So this is what sea urchins look like when they die. They loose their spines and have this beautiful skeleton thing. So pretty! Okay, enough chat, I'll get to it, here's the sewing part:



No comments: