Monday, April 28, 2014

Arcadia by Sarah Watson: Herb Garden


Another sweet sneak peek of Arcadia, my upcoming collection for Cloud 9 Fabrics. Available in stores in June 2014, or if you're looking to order wholesale (for your shop, that is), find out more at Cloud 9's wholesale site.

Today's fun sneak peek is of Herb Garden. It's got rosemary, basil, flowers (I always have flowers somewhere in my garden), lavender, and of course marigolds (to keep the bugs away). I've never actually gotten lavender to grow (oh, but I've tried), but the rest is totally inspired by actual life. I always have basil growing, probably because it's easy. About once a year I buy a small rosemary plant, and promptly kill it about a month later. Sketching from life is great, and I'm glad I get to share a bit of my life with you guys, through fabric!

Also, this print is a two-way print. What that means is that you can use it right side up, or upside down, the flowers here go both ways. This makes it great for cutting patterns, you can cut pieces upside down, and maybe squeeze in some extra cuts, and no one will say 'hey, your rosemary is upside down'. 


More about Cloud 9's soft, sweet, organic fabric: Cloud9 Fabrics uses only 100% certified organic cotton in the manufacturing of our base cloths and eco-responsible low impact dyes for printing and dying. We work closely with mills that are committed to ethical and responsible conduct.  This includes respecting the rights of all individuals, a devotion to sustained social compliance, and an accountability to the environment.

No comments: